Bernard - Hoover Boat House 1915

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 1976 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.082232,-89.382101
Google Map

BERNARD - HOOVER
BOAT HOUSE
1915
This frame building is the third boat house on the site. The site symbolizes the importance of pleasure boating in Madison in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The original boat yards and house were operated by Charles Bernard in the 1850's. His son William built this structure, which was purchased by Harry Hoover in 1943.
Designated November 18, 1976
Madison Landmarks Commission
 
The property is located on the southern shore of Lake Mendota at James Madison Park, and is accessible from a service road on westbound East Gorham Street, just west of its intersection with North Blair Street. The address of the property is 622 1/2 East Gorham Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

The marker is No. 47 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment