Anna and Cornelius Collins House 1908

MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Erected 2011 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.082588,-89.381409
Google Map

ANNA AND CORNELIUS COLLINS HOUSE
Claude and Starck, Architects
1908
This house, designed by Madison's premier architectural firm of Claude and Starck in 1908, incorporates an eclectic mix of popular styles of the era and includes Prairie, Tudor and Craftsman features. Windows take center stage at the front fa├žade: Leaded glass windows are on each side of the front dooer and a ribbon of windows acress the second floor feature mullions in the form of protecting pilasters. Significant for its association with Anna and Cornelius Collins, prosperous owners of multiple lumber Companies, it is one of three houses built for Collins family members in the area.
Designated February 1, 1993
Madison Landmarks Commission

The property is located on westbound East Gorham Street, at its intersection with North Blount Street, at 646 East Gorham Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

Wisconsin Historical Society: Architecture and History Inventory: 646 E. Gorham Stre
Historic Name: Cornelius C. and Anna Collins House
Reference No. 70068
Year Built: 1908
Architectural Style: Tudor Revival
Wall Material: Brick
Architect: Claude and Starck
Designations:
 - National Register Listing Date: 1998-02-26

Madison Landmarks Commission: Landmark Nomination Form

The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.

The marker is No. 100 in a series of markers erected by the Madison Landmarks Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment