American Legion Home

Photographed July 4, 2015
Erected 1967 by Waukesha County Historical Society
Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43° 0.572′ N, 88° 13.833′ W

AMERICAN LEGION HOME
Built in 1848 by Isaac Lain, industrialist and civic leader. Next owner, 1904-1944, was Edward R. Estberg, banker and mayor. Home of American Legion since 1944. It is the County's finest example from the last century of the famous Greek Revival style of architecture. The well-known Historical American Buildings Survey in the Library of Congress attests its historical importance.
The marker is located on eastbound Wisconsin Avenue, east of its intersection with North Grand Avenue, at 229 Wisconsin Avenue, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186.

The property is now home to Eric's Porter-Haus.

This marker is No. 34-08 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.

See also, American Legion Home Veterans Memorial, also at this location.





The property is now home to Eric's Porter-Haus.

No comments:

Post a Comment