All Saints' Episcopal Cathedral Complex

 Photographed March 28, 2015
1974 by City of Milwaukee Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
 43° 2.748′ N, 87° 54.079′ W

ALL SAINTS' EPISCOPAL CATHEDRAL
COMPLEX
Comprising the Cathedral (1868-69), former Guild Hall – Cathedral Institute (1891), former Bishop’s House (1902-03), and landscaped grounds. Designated as a Milwaukee landmark in 1974 in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The property is located on westbound East Juneau Avenue, at its intersection with North Marshall Street, at 818 East Juneau Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.

Wikipedia: Cathedral Church of All Saints (Milwaukee)

Wisconsin Historical Society: Architecture and History Inventory
828 East Juneau Avenue, Milwaukee County, Milwaukee
Historic Name: Olivet Congregational Church
Other Name: All Saints' Episcopal Cathedral
Reference No. 16275
Year Built: 1868
Architectural Style: Gothic Revival
Wall Material: Cream Brick
Architect: Edward Townsend Mix
National Register Listing Date: 1974-12-27
State Register Listing: 1989-01-01
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Milwaukee County and the State Register of Historic Places.

See also, The Bells of Remembrance and Hope, also at this location.

The small marker is mounted to the facade, to the left of the entrance
(behind the stair rail).








 With Guild Hall (mentioned in the marker) in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment