MARKER PHOTO NEEDED
Black River Falls, Jackson County, Wisconsin
PFAFFS PRAIRIE FARM -- 1962
The first white man to farm this land was Robert Douglas in 1839. Known as the Webb Farm for 60 years. The Plaffs purchased in 1962, and their children Tom A. and Sarah Pfaff-Clements & six grandchildren continue to make it a family farm with dairy, hogs and beef cattle. Shown above Brittany (left) and Jamie Pfaff with their blue ribbon cattle. This fertile farm holds three Native American burial grounds. The Pfaff farm is located south of Melrose on Highway 108, in Jackson Co. We are proud of our family farms in Jackson County.
The mural is affixed to a building on northbound South 2nd Street, at its intersection with Main Street / Wisconsin Highway 54, at 132 Main Street, Black River Falls, Wisconsin 54615.
Take a stroll through history! The History murals displayed throughout downtown Black River Falls and Jackson County celebrate the history, culture, heritage and ethnicity of Jackson County. Contact the Black River Area Chamber of Commerce for detailed information at 800-404-4008.
Click here for a list of all murals photographed to date and to learn more about the mural project.