The Vulcan Street Central Station / First Edison Hyrdoelectric System in America

Photographed November 14, 2014
Erected 1979 by the family of Harold F. Parish
Appleton, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
44.257973,-88.397344
Google Map

On this site November 25, 1882
the Appleton Edison Light Co.
began operating
THE VULCAN STREET CENTRAL STATION
in the first
Edison Hydroelectric System
in America.

Plaque donated to
Outagamie County Historical Society
by the family of
Harold F. Parish
November, 1979

The Vulcan Street Plant is located on the east bank of the Fox River, at the intersection of South Vulcan Street and North Island Street, Appleton, Wisconsin 54915.

These markers are also at this location:


With the Vulcan Street Central Station (exact replica) to the left.



 The Vulcan Street Central Station is adjacent to Neenah Paper.

The marker is located at the end of this street (South Vulcan Street).

No comments:

Post a Comment