Prospect Hill School / District No. 3

Photographed December 11, 2014
Erected 2003 by New Berlin Historical Society
New Berlin, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
42.943538,-88.160725
Google Map

PROSPECT HILL SCHOOL
District No. 3
Built in 1963 during the Civil War, it originally stood beside the white church on the Yankee-settled Prospect Hill.

It was a restless building that changed roles and locations. When it was replaced by the brick schoolhouse in 1913, it was moved down Barton Rd. to become Murphy's Creamery with the blackboards and windows kept intact.

In 1995, the new owners, Lee and Kathy Sisson and Family presented the little red schoolhouse to the Historical Society to move to the park.

The Society restored it back to the original and now today's students can learn how it was to study with other grades taught by the same teacher in a one-room country school.
The schoolhouse and marker are located at New Berlin Historical Park on eastbound West National Avenue / County Road ES, just west of its intersection with West Batton Road, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53146.

Click here to view all building and markers at New Berlin Historical Park.








The schoolhouse and marker are located at New Berlin Historical Park.

New Berlin Historical Park is part of the

No comments:

Post a Comment