Photographed November 14, 2014
Erected 1971 / 2007 by Waukesha County Historical Museum
Brookfield, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43° 3.66′ N, 88° 6.378′ W
Burial place of Yankee and English settlers. It was first called Dixon or East Side Cemetery.This was also the site of the first Dixon school house, which was burned and relocated south of North Avenue in the 1860’s.This land was deeded by John Dixon in 1850. It was operated by the Brookfield Cemetery Associationin 1851. The name was changed to Pioneer Cemetery in 1854.
The marker is located in southbound Pilgrim Square Drive, south of its intersection with Pilgrim Road / County Highway YY, Brookfield, Wisconsin 53005.
Waukesha County Online Genealogy and Family History Library: Pioneer Cemetery
(aka Dixon Cemetery or Brookfield East Cemetery)
This marker is No. 02-06 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.
View of the cemetery from Pilgrim Square Drive.
View of the cemetery from the intersection of Pilgrim Square Drive
and West North Avenue / County Road M.
The cemetery is adjacent to a park. There is parking to access
the marker to the right of the tree to the right.