Old Cutler Home

Photographed November 4, 2014
Erected 1968 by Waukesha County Historical Society
Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43.003898,-88.234431

OLD CUTLER HOME
This house was once the home of Waukesha’s first white settler, Morris Derrick Cutler who came here in 1834 at the age of 24.

He built it in 1845 on his homestead tract which is now Cutler Park. It there faced north near the Civil War monument and was his home until his death in 1897.

It is thought to be the oldest frame dwelling in Waukesha.
The marker is located on the southwest corner of southbound Maple Street and eastbound Central Avenue, at 401 Central Avenue, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186.

The marker is No. 34-04 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.


The marker is on the northeast corner of the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment