Neenah Paper Company 1865

Photographed November 18, 2014
Erected 2010 by John Bergstrom
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.187968,-88.462861
Google Map

NEENAH PAPER COMPANY 1865
A.W. Patton and the McNaughton family founded the first paper mill built on Neenah's waterfront to produce mill-watermarked paper and fine writing papers using cotton fibers. During World War II, the Neenah Paper Company was converted to produce war equipment for the allies. Neenah Paper is known worldwide for its premium personalized watermark stationery. Today, their brands include: Old Council Tree Bond, Classic Collection and Neenah Bond. In 2009, President Barack Obama selected the Classic Crest Recycled 100 Natural White paper made by Neenah Paper Company for his inaugural invitations, citing it as "the greenest premium paper in the world."
Bergstrom | Legacy Park is located at the entrance to the Plexus Corporation plaza, at the west end of West Church Street, at its T-intersection with North Church Street, near 135 North Church Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

NOTE: The address for Plexus Corporation is 1 Plexus Way, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956

Legacy Park, located in downtown Neenah, Wisconsin, honors and illustrates a wealth of information on the origin, growth and importance of papermaking in the Fox Valley. The privately funded park was built around the existing base of the former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.

The marker is mounted to the base of the
former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.


The Church Street entrance to Bergstrom | Legacy Park.

 Neenah Paper Co.
Photographed from Shattuck Park April 17, 2015


 Beautiful location!

No comments:

Post a Comment