Milwaukee Road Passenger Depot (1898)

Photographed November 27, 2014
Green Bay, Brown County, Wisconsin
44° 30.636′ N, 88° 1.128′ W

This property
has been placed on the
NATIONAL REGISTER
OF HISTORIC PLACES
by the United States
Department of the Interior
MILWAUKEE
ROAD PASSENGER
DEPOT
1898

The marker is located on southbound South Washington Street, on the grounds of Breakthrough Fuel, at 400 South Washington Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301.

The property is currently home to Breakthrough Fuel.

National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Brown County

The property was recognized in 2012 by the Green Bay Historic Preservation Commission and received an award for "Architectural & Historical Significance" and "Adaptive Reuse".

See also, Brown County: Historic Sites Recognized by the City of Green Bay, to view all awarded properties.   

See also, Packers Heritage Trail Marker 7: Milwaukee Road Depot, also at this location.

 The small plaque is visible between the two arches.



 Vintage postcard screenshot provided by CardCow.com.
C. & N. W. R. R. Bridge, Green Bay, Wis.

 Photographed May 6, 2014

Looking north up South Washington Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment