Mammoth Spring Hotel - Saloon

© Photographed July 4, 2015
Erected 1990
Sussex, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43° 8.027′ N, 88° 12.547′ W

MAMMOTH SPRING
HOTEL - SALOON
The Mammoth Spring Hotel had its Grand Opening Feb. 9th, 1888. It was two years after the opening of Mammoth Spring by Milwaukee business interests. The builder & proprietor was Fred A. Hummel, with the hotel furnishing “Rooms & Spirits.” Hummel died Jan. 1897, the property continued to be a Hotel-Saloon until the beginning of “Prohibition.” During this time, it was changed to an Ice Cream Parlor known as “Annie Brown’s.” At the end of prohibition to the present the property has been some combination of Hotel, Saloon, or Restaurant.
The marker is located at the intersection of westbound Main Street / Wisconsin Highway 74, at its intersection with northbound Waukesha Avenue / Wisconsin Highway 74, at N63 W23075 Main Street, Sussex, Wisconsin 53089.



The property is now home to Tailgators Bar & Grille.


Looking west along Main Street . . .


The property is now home to Tailgators Bar & Grille.

No comments:

Post a Comment