Photographed November 4, 2014
Erected 2007 by R. T. Anderson and
Waukesha County Historical Museum
Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
& ADULT SCHOOL
Starting in 1916, Waukesha Vocational school offered classes in the basement of Waukesha H.S. and rented houses. In 1930, the school moved to this location. From 1938 to 1965, a gym/auditorium, class rooms, computer labs and a library were added.Its first director was O.B. Lindholm (1923-1949). A.J. Natailizio was District Director (1949-1973) followed by R.T. Anderson, President (1973-2002).The school had several names including Lindholm Vocational & Adult School and Waukesha County Technical Institute. With a need for more space, this building was sold to the Waukesha School District in 1972 and the school moved to its present location in Pewaukee. In 1988, it was renamed the Waukesha County Technical College.
The marker is located on southbound Maple Avenue, south of its intersection with Dunbar Avenue, on the grounds of the Waukesha School District, at 222 Maple Avenue, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186.
The marker is No. 34-09 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.
The marker is visible on the far right in this photo.
The entrance to the school.