Kimberly-Clark Corp. 1872

Photographed November 18, 2014
Erected 2010 by John Bergstrom
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.187968,-88.462861
Google Map

KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP. 1982
John A. Kimberly, Charles B. Clark, Havilah Babcock and Frank C. Shattuck founded this remarkable company that helped make the Fox Valley the center of papermaking in America. The company operated based on the values of good service, fair dealing with their customers and a commitment to produce the best possible products. During World War II, the original Kimberly-Clark mill was transformed into an ordnance assembly plant to manufacture the M-45, an automatic, self-propelled, anti-aircraft gun. This transformation from paper to firearms was one of America's must dramatic turnovers from peacetime manufacturing to war materials. Kimberly-Clark products are known the world over. Kleenex, Kotex and Huggies recognize their birthplace as the Fox River Valley of Wisconsin.
Bergstrom | Legacy Park is located at the entrance to the Plexus Corporation plaza, at the west end of West Church Street, at its T-intersection with North Church Street, near 135 North Church Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

NOTE: The address for Plexus Corporation is 1 Plexus Way, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956

Legacy Park, located in downtown Neenah, Wisconsin, honors and illustrates a wealth of information on the origin, growth and importance of papermaking in the Fox Valley. The privately funded park was built around the existing base of the former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.

Kimberly-Clark Historical Journey (1870-2010) (27-page PDF)

See these related markers:

The marker is mounted to the base of the
former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.


The Church Street entrance to Bergstrom | Legacy Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment