John Strange Paper Co. 1888

Photographed November 18, 2014
Erected 2010 by John Bergstrom
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.187968,-88.462861
Google Map

JOHN STRANGE PAPER CO. 1888
The John Strange Paper Company originated as a wooden pail and butter tub factory. In 1888, they began fabricating manila paper, strong wrapping paper and newsprint. The company was one of the first in the United States to make Kraft wrapping paper starting in 1907. This paper was used in butcher shops throughout the entire mid-section of the United States. Eventually, a full line of paperboard products was manufactured in the mill.
Bergstrom | Legacy Park is located at the entrance to the Plexus Corporation plaza, at the west end of West Church Street, at its T-intersection with North Church Street, near 135 North Church Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

NOTE: The address for Plexus Corporation is 1 Plexus Way, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956

Legacy Park, located in downtown Neenah, Wisconsin, honors and illustrates a wealth of information on the origin, growth and importance of papermaking in the Fox Valley. The privately funded park was built around the existing base of the former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.

The marker is mounted to the base of the
former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.


The entrance to Bergstrom | Legacy Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment