George L. Clarke House

Photographed November 4, 2014
Erected 1997 by Waukesha County Historicay Society
Funded by the Butler Community Foundation Inc.
Butler, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43.105065,-88.072834
Google Map

GEORGE L. CLARKE
HOUSE
Built circa 1850 by Simeon Barnes, the Greek Revival Farmhouse was purchased by the Clarke family in 1870. Originally located on 124th Street, it was moved to its present location in Waukesha County after the Wauwatosa farm was sold to construct the Butler Railroad in 1909. The present multi-purpose garage was a rare hybrid of a motorcar storage facility and agricultural outbuilding.
The marker is located on the grounds of the Historic George L. Clarke House on westbound West Hampton Avenue, west of its intersection with North 127th Street, at 12810 West Hampton Avenue, Butler, Wisconsin 53007.

The Historic George L. Clarke House

The Historic George L. Clarke House: History of the House

The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Waukesha County, and the Wisconsin Register of Historic Places.

The marker is No. 03-01 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.

See also, Chicago & Northwestern Caboose No. 11207, also at this location.





See also, Chicago & Northwestern Caboose No. 11207, also at this location. 


The marker is located at Historic Clarke House.

No comments:

Post a Comment