Clark House Museum

© Photographed November 4, 2014
Erected 2001 by Waukesha County Historical Society
Pewaukee, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
43° 4.852′ N, 88° 15.607′ W

CLARK HOUSE
MUSEUM
Asa Mosley Clark, son of Pewaukee’s first settler, built this house in 1844 to provide food and shelter for travelers & their horses. Located along the Watertown Plank Rd. the inn was a favorite stopping place for people traveling between Milwaukee & points west. Food & lodging cost 25¢ per night, including breakfast. The house was occupied by Clark family descendents until 1992, when it was sold to the Pewaukee Area Historical Society. Volunteers restored the house & grounds, creating this museum to preserve the history of the Pewaukee area.
The marker is located on the grounds of the Clark House Museum on eastbound East Wisconsin Avenue, east of its intersection with Prospect Avenue / Meadowbrook Road, at 206 East Wisconsin Avenue, Pewaukee, Wisconsin 53072.

Pewaukee Area Historical Society: History of the Clarks and the Clark House

Cornell University Library: Internet Archive: The History of Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
Containing an account of its settlement, growth, development and resources; an extensive and minute sketch of its cities, towns and villages--their improvements, industries, manufactories, churches, schools and societies; its war record, biographical sketches, portraits of prominent men and early settlers; the whole preceded by a history of Wisconsin, statistics of the state, and an abstract of its laws and Constitution and of the Constitution of the United States (1880).


Village of Pewaukee, Wisconsin

See also, Pewaukee, a related marker at a nearby location.

This marker is No. 26-01 in a series of historical markers erected by the Waukesha County Historical Society.









Revisited July 8, 2017




 The Clark House museum is home to the
Pewaukee Area Historical Society.

The Clark House Museum is located in Pewaukee, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment