Bergstrom Paper Company 1904

Photographed November 18, 2014
Erected 2010 by John Bergstrom
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.187968,-88.462861
Google Map

BERGSTROM PAPER COMPANY 2904
Bergstrom Paper Company was founded by D.W. Bergstrom in 1904. The mill make fine-quality book paper used for law books, Bibles, magazines, school books and labels. High-grade waste paper fibers were blended with virgin pulp fibers, resulting in a smooth, high-quality sheet known as Valkyrie Book Paper. The Bergstrom Paper Company was one of the first papermakers in the United States to recognize that recycling used paper was good for the environment. By 1979 when the mill was sold to the P.H. Glatfelter Company, it was one of the leading manufacturers of recycled book printing papers in the world.
Bergstrom | Legacy Park is located at the entrance to the Plexus Corporation plaza, at the west end of West Church Street, at its T-intersection with North Church Street, near 135 North Church Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

NOTE: The address for Plexus Corporation is 1 Plexus Way, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956

Legacy Park, located in downtown Neenah, Wisconsin, honors and illustrates a wealth of information on the origin, growth and importance of papermaking in the Fox Valley. The privately funded park was built around the existing base of the former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.

Glatfelter: About Glatfelter—Beyond Paper®

CNBC: Paper company Glatfelter celebrates 150 years
Monday, 14 Apr 2014 | 6:52 AM ET
Glatfelter CEO Dante Parrini provides insight on the company's transition into the single-serve coffee market, and how competitive its business is.

Paper Company Hall of Fame: Nathan Bergstrom (1895-1981) (2002 inductee)




The marker is mounted at the base of the
former Glatfelter / Bergstrom Paper Co. smokestack.


The entrance to Bergstrom | Legacy Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment