Turner Hall

Photographed October 26, 2014
Erected 1975 by Milwaukee City Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.63′ N, 87° 54.953′ W

TURNER HALL
Designed by Henry C. Koch, erected in 1882-83, and designated in 1975 as a Milwaukee Landmark in recognition of its architectural, cultural, and historical significance to the community.
The marker is located at the entrance to Turner Hall on northbound North 4th Street, north of its intersection with West State Street / U.S. Highway 18, at 1034 North 4th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203.

Turner Hall & The Milwaukee Turners

History of the Milwaukee Turners

The property is a National Historic Landmark; the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Milwaukee.

Click here for a list of all National Historic Landmarks in Wisconsin

Turner Hall was the site of the dedication celebration of the Wisconsin Soldiers' Home 1864-1867 historical marker. The dedication was held Sunday, October 26, 2014. The marker was erected by the West Side Soldiers Aid Society, Inc.


The marker is visible at the left side of the entrance arch.

Inside the building.

Reflection in the building across the street . . .



A gorgeous building!

The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

No comments:

Post a Comment