Designated 1969 by City of Milwaukee Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.707′ N, 87° 53.968′ W
Erected in 1873 and designated in 1969 as a landmark of the City of Milwaukee by the Milwaukee Landmarks Commission in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The church and marker are located on northbound North Astor Street, between East Juneau Avenue (to the north) and East State Street / Wisconsin Route 32 / U.S. Highway 18 (to the south), at 1100 North Astor Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Wisconsin Historical Society: Architecture and History Inventory
1100 North Astor Street, Milwaukee County, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Historic Name: Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Reference No.: 16291
Year Built: 1873
Additions: 1875, 1888, 1957
Architecture Style: High Victorian Gothic
Wall Material: Limestone
Architect: Edward Townsend Mix
The foregoing content used with gracious permission of the Wisconsin Historical Society.Additional Information: The 1888 work cost $53,000. Rebuilt in 1889 (for $160,000) after a fire nearly destroyed the original.
1969 photograph of exterior of the church
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin and the State Register of Historic Places.
© Photographed October 26, 2014, at sunset.