Charles Allis House (1909)

Photographed October 26, 2014
Erected 1972 by City of Milwaukee Landmarks Commission
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
 43° 3.221′ N, 87° 53.417′ W

CHARLES ALLIS HOUSE
Designed by A.C. Eschweiler, erected in 1909, and designated in 1972 as a landmark of the City of Milwaukee in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The house and marker are located at the Charles Allis Art Museum on southbound North Prospect Avenue / Wisconsin Route 32, at its intersection with westbound East Royall Place, at 1801 North Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.

NOTE: The marker is at the entrance facing East Royall Place.



Wikipedia: Charles Allis Art Museum

The property is listed (as of 1975) on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
Architect, builder, or engineeer: Eschweiler, Alexander C.
Architectural Style: Tudor Revival
Area of Significance: Architecture, Industry

The marker is mounted to the brick facade to the right of the entrance
(visible to the right in the shade in this photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment