Menomonee Falls, Washington County, Wisconsin
This two-story log cabin was built by newlyweds Gregory and Anna Marie Unhoefer in 1956. Together they raised eight sons and daughters in this tiny home. A hand print in the stairwell plaster is that of Anna's brother returning from the Civil War. As the story goes, he didn't know the plaster was fresh.
The Umhoefer House and marker are located on the grounds of Old Falls Village Historical Park & Museum on eastbound County Line Road / County Highway Q, west of its intersection with Pilgrim Road, at N96 W15791 County Line Road, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53022.
The Umhoefer House is No. 2 of 7 buildings with markers at Old Falls Village Historical Park & Museum.
Use the "Old Falls Village Historical Park & Museum" label below to view all markers at this location; there are many.
The back side of the cabin is just about identical to the front side . . .
Amazing pioneer craftsmanship!
The Umhoefer House is located at Old Falls Village Historical Park & Museum.