WRL-47: The First Civil War Monument


© Photographed September 26, 2013 and June 14, 2015
Erected 1967 by Grant County Historical Society
Lancaster, Grant County, Wisconsin
42° 50.864′ N, 90° 42.598′ W
Google Map 

THE FIRST
CIVIL WAR MONUMENT
Popular subscription for this Civil War monument was started on September 16, 1862 and completed with public funds. The monument was dedicated on July 4, 1867 "and to the memory of the brave soldiers of Grant County who fell in defense of universal liberty in the great rebellion of A.D. 1861.
The monument is located at the Grant County Courthouse, 130 West Maple Street, at its intersection with South Madison Street, Lancaster, Wisconsin 53813.

This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).

These are also at this location:








Court House, Lancaster, Wis.


The marker is located in Lancaster, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment