Sparta, Monroe County, Wisconsin
43° 56.671′ N, 90° 48.747′ W
The Masons constructed this building in 1923, as Sparta's first building devoted entirely to a social organization. The architecture is characterized by an eclectic mix of Classical Revival and Prairie School influences. Noted regional architect and Masonic lodge member Albert Parkinson designed it.
The building was purchased by the Monroe County Historical Society in 1984 for use as a county museum.
This property was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
The Masonic Lodge is located on the northwest corner of the intersection of West Main Street and North Court Street, at or near 200 West Main Street, Sparta, Wisconsin 54656.
The Masonic Lodge is now home to the Deke Slayton Space & Bicycle Memorial Museum.
See also, Sparta Masonic Temple (1923), also at this location.
There are three other Wisconsin Historical Society "official" markers at this intersection: