Marker 60: Plank Road Pioneer Barn

Photographed August 12, 2013
Erected 1968 by Saturday Club, Watertown, Wisconsin
Donors -- Mr. and Mrs. Harry Moore
Watertown, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
43° 11.089′ N, 88° 42.43′ W
Google Map
This barn was built by an early settler in 1853 was used by regional farmers driving cattle to the Milwaukee market over the Milwaukee-Watertown Plank Road. It was moved from the Plank road area east of the Rock River to this site in 1963 and restored by the Watertown Historical Society.
The marker is located on the grounds of the Octagon House Museum / Watertown Historical Society, 919 Charles Street, at its intersection with Sunset Drive, Watertown, Wisconsin 53094.


The Plank Road Pioneer Barn was built in 1848 by Wenzel Quis . . .

The markers are also at this location:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment