© Photographed June 4, 2017
Phillips, Price County, Wisconsin
45° 41.646′ N, 90° 24.444′ W
IN MEMORY OF LIDICE
A VILLAGE IN
June 10, 1942
The village of Lidice was razed to the ground by the Nazi Gestapo. 173 men perished to avenge the murder of the sadistic "protector" of occupied Czechoslovakia. The Gestapo dragged the inhabitants of Lidice from their homes, shot all men over sixteen and condemned all women and children to a living death in concentration camps.
The memorial is located at a community park at the intersection of Fifield Street and Ash Street, Phillips, Wisconsin 54555.
PriceCountyDaily.com: Local author chronicles the history of Lidice (July 21, 2011)
The memorial is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin and the State Register of Historic Places.
These are also at this location:
View of the memorial from Ash Street.