Galesville

© Photographed September 1, 2015
Erected 1938 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Fort Perrot Chapter
Galesville, Trempealeau County, Wisconsin
44° 5.039′ N, 91° 20.914′ W

GALESVILLE
Trempealeau County,
Wisconsin
Founded and Named by
Judge George Gale
1854
Incorporated as a Village
1887

This marker placed by
Fort Perrot Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
1938

The marker is located at a small community park at the end of Davis Avenue, north of its intersection with East Ridge Avenue, Galesville, Wisconsin 54630.

Historic Galesville -- Your Tour by Foot and Bike or Car


View of Marinuka Lake from the marker location.

Photographed late November / early December 1989
by Elwyn Davies of Soham, UK (England)
Used with gracious permission of the photographer.


Photographed (above and below) late November / early December 1989
by Elwyn Davies of Soham, UK (England).
Used with gracious permission of the photographer.

 View of Marinuka Lake from the marker location.


This area underwent substantial construction and repair in 2001,
as memorialized in Marker 543: Galesville Bridge,
directly across the roadway from where the Galesville marker was once located.

 The marker is located in Galesville, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment