First Holy Sacrifice of Mass

© Photographed June 21, 2017
Erected 1920 by the Winnebago County
Archeological and Historical Society
Oshkosh, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44° 1.373′ N, 88° 30.904′ W
Google Map

The Holy Sacrifice of Mass
was first offered in this vicinity by
Father Claude Allouez S.J.
April 20, 1670

———
This tablet dedicated in 1920 by
the Winn. Co. Arch. and Hist. Society.

The marker is located on one-way Pratt Trail in Menominee Park, just north of the entrance to the Menominee Park Zoo, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901.

American Journeys Collection: Father Allouez's Journey into Wisconsin, 1669-1670

Use the "Father Claude Allouez (1622-1689) in Wisconsin" label below to see all posts related to Father Allouez.

 With Lake Winnebago in the background.


 The marker is adjacent to Pratt Trail (on the left).

Sailing classes on Lake Winnebago.

The marker, visible in the distance to the right,
is across Pratt Trail from the Chief Oshkosh statue and burial site.

 The marker is a short distance past the entrance to
the Menominee Park Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment