Erected 1973 by La Prairie Grange No. 79
La Prairie, Rock County, Wisconsin
42° 37.62′ N, 88° 57.19′ W
La Prairie Grange No. 79 was organized February 27, 1873, and the Grange Hall was built between June 20 and September 5, 1874. Constructed jointly with the Town of La Prairie, the Hall cost $1,938.50.
In 1960 the Town Board deeded the land and their share of the building to the Grange, but continue to jointly use the Hall.
The marker is located on southbound South Laprairie Town Hall Road, a half mile south of its intersection with East Avalon Road, at 3610 South Laprairie Town Hall Road, Janesville, Wisconsin 53546.
This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).