Brown County Civil War Memorial

© Photographed December 15, 2012
Erected 1934 by Woman's Relief Corps No. 91
Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic
Green Bay, Brown County, Wisconsin
44° 30.75′ N, 88° 0.849′ W
Google Map

Dedicated to the memory
off the
brave men of
Brown County who fought to preserve the union.
Erected by the
Woman's Relief Corps
No. 91
Auxiliary to the
Grand Army of the Republic
1934

The marker is located on the grounds of the Brown County Courthouse on southbound South Jefferson Avenue at 100 S. Jefferson Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301.

The National Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic, Inc., is a patriotic organization whose express purpose is to perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic, as we are their auxiliary organized at their request on July 25 and 26, 1883 in Denver, Colorado, and incorporated by Public Act of the 87th Congress on September 7, 1962 [Public Law 87-650].

Wisconsin Veterans Museum: Wisconsin Grand Army of the Republic

Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War: The Grand Army of the Republic in Wisconsin

Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War: Brief History of the Grand Army of the Republic

Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War: National Headquarters

Wikipedia: Grand Army of the Republic

The National Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic, Inc.

Click here to view all Brown County Veterans Memorials

Click here to view all Wisconsin Veterans Memorials




The marker is located on the grounds of the Brown County Courthouse,
on the left side of the building.

 The memorial is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment