© Photographed November 2, 2012
Mauston, Juneau County, Wisconsin
43° 44.261′ N, 90° 5.776′ W
Built by the Rock Valley Union Chapel Society. Used as a community center, church & Sunday school and 4-H meetings in the late 1940's. Lindinia Town Insurance Company was also organized here. This chapel marks the site of Stewart's Settlement founded by William Stewart in 1850. It's importance between Portage and LaCrosse on the old Troy Stage Coach Road faded when the railroad passed through Mauston north of here. In 1989, Russell D. Robinson donated this property to Juneau County Historical Society.
The church and marker are located on eastbound County Road O, just west of its intersection with Wisconsin Highway 58, Mauston, Wisconsin 53948.