New Lisbon Civil War Memorial

© Photographed September 4, 2015
Erected 1897 by W. P. Mitchell Post No. 61 G.A.R.,
W.R.C. No. 108, and citizens of New Lisbon
New Lisbon, Juneau County, Wisconsin
43° 52.463′ N, 90° 9.962′ W

The memorial is located at Heritage Park on northbound South Adams Street / Wisconsin Highway 16 / 80, U.S. 12, between Elm Street (to the south) and East Court Street / West Court Street (to the north), New Lisbon, Wisconsin 53950.

The National Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic, Inc., is a patriotic organization whose express purpose is to perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic, as we are their auxiliary organized at their request on July 25 and 26, 1883 in Denver, Colorado, and incorporated by Public Act of the 87th Congress on September 7, 1962 [Public Law 87-650].

The National Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic, Inc.


Wikipedia: Grand Army of the Republic

See also,  New Lisbon Army Parrott Rifle, also at this location.








See also, New Lisbon Army Parrott Rifle, also at this location (visible to the left).







 The memorial is located in New Lisbon, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment