WRL-98: The Mayville White Limestone School Building

Potographed November 12, 2014
Erected 1973 by 1973 by Mayville Historical Society
and Wisconsin Council on Local History
Mayville, Dodge County, Wisconsin
 43° 29.902′ N, 88° 32.726′ W

 THE MAYVILLE WHITE LIMESTONE
SCHOOL BUILDING
The North half was built in 1857-58 and the South extension was added in 1877. This school made it possible to classify the pupils and three departments were established. E.J. Foster was the first teacher.

This handsome building has withstood the ravages of time and when marked was believed to be the oldest school in Wisconsin still in operation.
The marker is located at Foster Park at the Mayville White Limestone School Building on southbound North Main Street / Highway 67 / County Road Y, between Buchanan Street and Dayton Street, Mayville, Wisconsin 53050.

No comments:

Post a Comment