Erected 1998 by Wisconsin Historical Society
Germantown, Wisconsin, Washington County
43° 15.018′ N, 88° 8.514′ W
Established in 1842, by the Philip Dhein family, Dheinsville is Germantown’s oldest crossroads settlement. The village contains original half-timber buildings (fachwerk), reflecting the building-construction patterns of the early pioneers who came here from the Hunsruck area of Germany. The historic commercial center is comprised of log, quarried limestone, brick and clapboard buildings dating from early settlement through the Victorian period. An important part of eastern Wisconsin’s 19th-century settlement corridor, Dheinsville preserves the built environment of pioneer life.
The marker is located at the intersection of Maple Road, Holy Hill Road, and Fond du Lac Avenue / Wisconsin Highway 145, on the grounds of the Germantown Historical Society / Dheinsville Historic Park, located at N128 W18780 Holy Hill Road, Germantown, WI 53022.
See also, Dheinsville Historical Park, also at this location.
The founders of Dheinsville . . .
The Germantown Mutual Insurance Co. (1870)
The Wolf Shoemaker Half-Timber House (1854)
Christ Church (1862)
Signage leading to the park . . .
The marker is located at Dheinsville Historical Park
in the Town of Germantown, Wisconsin.