The End of the Trail (Statue)

 Photographed April 11, 2015
 Waupun, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
43.637855, -88.730604

The statue is located at Shaler Park, accessible from southbound North Madison Street / County Highway M, south of its intersection with Nummerdor Drive, at or near 345 North Madison Street, Waupun, Wisconsin 53963.



The statue was sculpted by James Earle Fraser after it was commissioned by Clarence Shaler as a tribute to the Native Americans.[2] It is a copy cast in bronze of a plaster statue by Fraser that gained notoriety at the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition. The original was moved from Visalia, California to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in 1968, where it was restored and is now on display at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. The City of Visalia received a bronze replica as a replacement.
The foregoing text is available under Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Click here for more information.

The Waupun statue is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Fond du Lac County.

The statue is a gift to Waupun from local sculptor Clarence Addison Shaler

Find A Grave: Clarence Addison Shaler

The following are also located at Shaler Park:




 The location is a Wisconsin Registered Landmark: WRL-120: The End of the Trail.



Photographed August 9, 2014:






 Plenty of Waupun signage leading to the location of the statue.

The statue is located in Shaler Memorial Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment