Carnegie Library | Waupun Wis


Photographed August 9, 2014
Designated September 4, 1979
Waupun, Dodge County, Wisconsin
43.632293,-88.729963

The Carnegie Library (now the Waupun Heritage Museum) is located on southbound South Madison Street, on the southwest corner of its intersection with East Jefferson Street, at 22 South Madison Street, Waupun, Wisconsin 53963.

Waupun Heritage Museum

Wikipedia: Carnegie Library
A Carnegie library is a library built with money donated by Scottish-American businessman and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. A total of 2,509 Carnegie libraries were built between 1883 and 1929, including some belonging to public and university library systems. 1,689 were built in the United States, 660 in Britain and Ireland, 125 in Canada, and others in Australia, New Zealand, Serbia, the Caribbean, Mauritius, Malaysia and Fiji.
The foregoing text available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

Wikipedia: List of Carnegie libraries in Wisconsin

History of Andrew Carnegie and Carnegie Libraries

National Park Service: Carnegie Libraries: The Future Made Bright

National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Dodge County

See also, The Citadel (sculpture), and The Citadel (marker), also at this location.


 See also, The Citadel, also at this location.

The library is now home to the Waupun Heritage Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment