WRL-35: Grand Loggery, James D. Doty Home

© Photographed June 18, 2016
Erected 1931 by the Neenah Chapter of the
National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44° 11.263′ N, 88° 26.89′ W
Google Map

This tablet marks the log cabin known as
the Grand Loggery, built by Governor Doty,
2nd Territorial Governor of Wisconsin in 1847.
It originally stood facing east on the
west bank of the Fox River 30 rods east
and 12 rods north of this spot. It was
moved to Doty Park in 1926.
This marker was presented by
the Neenah Chapter of the N.S.D.A.R.
to the City of Neenah,
September 1931.
 
The marker is located at Doty Park on eastbound Lincon Street, just east of its intersection with Webster Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.

Historic American Buildings Survey: Grand Loggery, Neenah, Wisconsin (1933) 




The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.

This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).

See also, Grand Loggery / James D. Doty Home 1847, also at this location. 


The marker is at the entrance to the cabin.


Daguerrotype of James Duane Doty
taken by photographer Matthew Brady at Philidalphia 1849-1850.
This media file is in the public domain in the United States;
click here for more information.

Grand Loggery (1933)
Historic American Buildings Survey
This media file is in the public domain
click here for more information

Grand Loggery (1933)
Historic American Buildings Survey
This media file is in the public domain
click here for more information.

The south side of the cabin.

The cabin and marker are located at Doty Park in Neenah, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment