WRL-96: Hamilton

© Photographed September 29, 2017
Erected 1973 by Ozaukee County Historical Society
Cedarsburg, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin

43° 17.031′ N, 87° 58.342′ W
Google Map

HAMILTON
Settled by Irish immigrants, “New Dublin” was renamed in 1847 after William S. Hamilton, son of Alexander, spent the night here in what became the first stagecoach stop between Milwaukee and Green Bay (1848). Settled before Cedarburg, Hamilton retains some original buildings including Concordia Mill (1853) and Turner Hall (1867) built by Edward Janssen, later Wisconsin State Treasurer. His home also remains.
The marker is located on southbound Hamilton Road, at the parking lot for Hamilton Park, at 231 Hamilton Road, Cedarburg, Wisconsin 53012.  

This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).

See also, Ancient Paths, also at this location.



 Marker visible to the far left . . .

The marker is located at Hamilton Park in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment