Marker 538: Stanley Toy Company

© Photographed July 2, 2014
Erected 2011 by Wisconsin Historical Society
Oconto, Oconto County, Wisconsin
44° 53.245′ N, 87° 51.852′ W

STANLEY TOY COMPANY
This building is all that remains of the once-larger Stanley Toy Company building. Established by Chester Schwedler in 1946, the Stanley Toy Company made cast-metal horse-drawn carriages and bunny toy carts. On December 29, 1949, fire destroyed the building and production ended.
The marker is mounted on the brick facade of a building at 310 Park Avenue (see photos below), Oconto, Wisconsin 54153.

 The marker is mounted to the building wall to the right of the garage door.

The building is next to Jerry's Service Garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment