Marker 534: Port Washington Fire Engine House

© Photographed August 17, 2012 and September 29, 2017
Erected 2010 by Port Washington Fire Dept and Historical Society
and Wisconsin Historical Society
Port Washington, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 23.401′ N, 87° 52.244′ W
PORT WASHINGTON FIRE ENGINE HOUSE
This fire engine house was built in 1929 on the site of an 1884 multi-purpose wooden fire house. Architect John Topzant of Milwaukee designed the Mediterranean Revival-style building with tan brick walls, a Spanish tile roof, and a campanile-like hose-drying tower.
The marker is located on westbound East Pier Street, on the northeast corner of its intersection with North Wisconsin Street, Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074. 

NOTE: The building is now home to an art gallery.




 The building is now home to Blue Heron.

The markers are on the east side of the building.

The Fire Engine House is located in Port Washington, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment