Old Military Road Marker

© Photographed July 2, 2016
Erected 1932 by Manitowoc Chapter of
Daughters of the American Revolution
 Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin
44° 5.991′ N, 87° 42.031′ W

This tablet marks the
OLD MILITARY ROAD
completed in 1840
used between
Fort Howard (Green Bay)
and
Fort Dearborn (Chicago)

The marker is located in a field on northbound North Rapids Road, between Delta Street (to the south) and Ellis Street (to the north), Manitowoc, Wisconsin 54220.

See also, WRL-8: First Courthouse and Jail, also at this location.

Wisconsin Society Daughters of the American Revolution



 The marker is in a large, empty lot.

 Look for the flagpole to easily spot the marker.

WRL-8: First Courthouse and Jail, also at this location.

 The marker (visible on the right) is located along northbound
North Rapids Road in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment