Marker 442: George Washington School

© Photographed July 2, 2016 and April 22, 2017
Erected 2000 by Wisconsin Historical Society
St. Nazianz, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin
44° 0.494′ N, 87° 55.556′ W

GEORGE WASHINGTON
SCHOOL
The George Washington School was built in 1893 at a cost of $1,800. It is believed to have once housed the largest collection of library books of any Manitowoc County rural school. The Village of St. Nazianz purchased the school in 1983 and converted it into its village hall. 
The marker is located on eastbound West Main Street / County Highway C, at its intersection with South 1st Avenue, at the front entrance to the St. Nazianz Village Office, 228 West Main Street, Saint Nazianz, WIisconsin 54232.

See also, St. Nazianz Veterans Memorial, also at this location.

 The small marker is at the entrance to the school.



 Classroom display inside the school building.




 The school is now the St. Nazianz Village Office.

 There are two other historic buildings at this location:




A peek inside the log cabin windows . . .






Plenty of parking at the location, and easy to access all buildings.

The John Miller Memorial is also on the property.

George Washington School is located in St. Nazianz, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment